What we know so far:
• 2 people have been stabbed to death in London in separate attacks within 40 minutes of one another
• A 26-year-old man died in hospital after being attacked in Colindale, north-west London
• A woman in her 30s died at the scene of a stabbing in Brixton, south London.
• An 18-year-old man is in a critical condition after a third separate stabbing three hours later on Sunday.
• A woman, 34, was arrested on suspicion of murder at the scene of the Colindale attack.
London: Two people have been stabbed to death in London in separate domestic incidents occurring minutes apart, bringing the number of killings in the capital this year to almost 60.
A man in his 20s was attacked with a knife in Zenith Close, Colindale, north London, just before 6pm on Sunday. Land and air ambulance crews treated him and he was taken to hospital in central London, but he died later in the evening.
London stabbings: Two dead and one critical in three attacks https://t.co/9dT2EH9QsC— BBC News (UK) (@BBCNews) April 16, 2018
A woman, also in her 20s, who knew the victim, has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
About 40 minutes later, a woman in her 30s was stabbed to death in Brixton, south London. The victim was found on Sudbourne Road.
She was pronounced dead at the scene despite the efforts of emergency services. A man was arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody at a south London police station; investigations are continuing.
The pair are thought to have known each other, and the victim's next of kin have been informed. Formal identification of the woman has not yet been completed.
London's air ambulance attended the incident and officers from the Metropolitan police homicide and major crime command have been informed.
In the separate attack on Alexandra Palace Wa, Haringey, a 19-year-old man was arrested near to the scene on suspicion of affray.
He was taken into custody at a north London police station.