South Korean boy band BTOB — an acronym for Born To Beat — are making their summer comeback with their 11th mini album This is Us on Monday, eight months after releasing their second studio album Brother Act. Ahead of their new album release, here are five things you need to know about the group right now:
1. BTOB formed in 2012 by Cube Entertainment and consists of seven members: Changsub, Eunkwang, Minhyuk, Ilhoon, Hyunsik, Peniel and Sungjae.
2. They might be one of the funniest K-pop groups — not to mention their infamous red-carpet poses — they’re also known for composing and producing most of their own music as well as having one of the best vocals in a group.
3. Apart from releasing Korean and Japanese music, they have appeared in many variety shows, TV dramas, movies, musicals as well as formed a sub unit group BTOB Blue featuring vocalists Eunkwang, Sungjae, Hyunsik, Changsub.
4. They have a loyal fanbase who are referred to as Melody.
5. In February, BTOB were appointed Korean tourism ambassadors due to their popularity overseas.