The much-awaited Dubai Fitness Challenge kicks off at Safa Park this weekend with an incredible two days of celebrity appearances, the opportunity to try over 40 exciting sports and activities, stage acts and a host of events to keep adults, kids and entire families energised.
Main stage events and celebrities
- Football legend and former England player, Rio Ferdinand will lead the sporting celebrity line-up, showcasing his own training routine and joining in with the Football Freestylers show.
- Star of UK TV show, “The Biggest Loser”, Rob ‘The Killer’ Edmunds will be live getting the crowd to work up a sweat through some of the training seen in the popular programme, including a boot camp session.
- Emirati CrossFit and Red Bull athlete, Shaikha Al Qassimi will demonstrate how she maintains her incredible fitness and competitiveness by getting participants moving with her own special training regime.
- Sharmila Dance will showcase amazing dance routines
- The Bollywood Workout routines will be showcased, which are high-intensity routines done to the dance-worthy beats of Bollywood
- NRG Boxing is a mix of martial arts to high energy tunes, using cardio and plyometric training to help develop footwork skills, shadow boxing, core focus, and hand to eye coordination.
- Golds Gym - Dance Fusion infuses Latin rhythms with cardiovascular exercise to create an aerobic routine that is fun and easy to follow while Kid’s Fitness is designed for the little ones to have fun while being active and will introduce them into a healthy lifestyle.
Global Mala Event
YogaFest Dubai is hosting the free Global Mala event. ‘Mala’ means necklace and this event is inspired by traditional mala beads – or a 108-bead strand used by yogis to aid in meditation and salutations. The Global Mala Project’s ‘mala around the earth’ is a gathering aimed at yoga, service and collective action. At Dubai’s Global Mala, five qualified instructors will lead the two-hour yogathon for participants over 16 years of age, which will comprise 108 sun salutations of classical hatha yoga.
Come and try fitness zone for adults and children
Adults - American Football, Basketball, Boxing, Cricket, Golf, Plyo Box Vertical Jump, Strength Training, Suspension Training, Touch Rugby and Volleyball
Children - Bubble soccer, a climbing wall, ball control parkour challenge (football), trampolines, an inflatable assault course, Horse Hoppers in addition to football skills, drills, training and games on small pitches and Les Mills Born to Move classes
Extreme and action sports specialists XDubai will perform a signature stunt with the X-factor to mark the official opening of Dubai Fitness Challenge
Additionally, performers from the spectacular La Perle, Dubai’s very first resident show, will demonstrate how they keep fit for their thrilling action-packed performances
Location Safa Park Cost Free entrance and participation Dates October 20 and 21 Timings Activities start at 1pm on Friday (October 20) to 9pm; 1pm to 7pm on Saturday (October 21)