- January 21, 2017Last updated 7 minutes ago
Christina Curran is a pages editor at Gulf News. A journalist for more than 10 years in the UK and Ireland, she spent time in Kenya before moving to Dubai to join Gulf News in 2011.. Follow @gulf_news on Twitter
- Apart from fitting into my bridesmaid dress, I want to try and paint more this year
- It’s time to laugh and chat together about the year and make promises for the one ahead
- Just being able to speak about our fears and insecurities is enough to see the bigger picture and feel better
- Days like this make a person glad to be alive. That I would be able to see such natural beauty is an amazing gift
- It’s my own personal way of dealing with stress — make everyone else as miserable as you!
- If you stop and listen carefully, if you drown out the din, you’ll hear the sound of laughter and joy from each individual and feel a warmth of love from behind the thousands of fearful masks