- March 27, 2017Last updated 6 minutes ago
Dr Ahmad Mustafa is an Abu Dhabi-based journalist. He writes regular columns for Gulf News.. Follow @gulf_news on Twitter
- Erdogan’s forays into Syria are aimed at creating a ‘de facto’ situation on the ground to further Ankara’s objective
- Regardless of sheer rhetoric on the need for a political settlement in Libya and a government to be all-inclusive in order to be able to fight terrorism, the reality is totally different
- The objective of fighting terrorism means a different end for each party involved in the Syrian quagmire
- Media can play a pivotal role in adopting preemptive measures that can serve as effective ‘soft weapon’ in the battle against extremists
- A professor goes into the factors that led to the group’s rise, but could his approach be the only way of looking at the issue?
- The economic aspect holds more weight than the political when it comes to global oil market activity