palestine

Man who filmed Israeli soldier executing Palestinian gets death threats

Jewish colonists chanting ‘death to Emad’ have thrown rocks and sticks on his Hebron home

18:14 March 27, 2016
Palestinian murder

Ramallah: Emad Abu Shamsiyah, a Hebron-based activist, has received death threats for filming and publishing a video on Thursday that showed an Israeli occupation soldier shooting a Palestinian in the head at point blank range.

Speaking to Gulf News, Abu Samsiyah said he had received two intimidatory phone calls from private numbers, with the callers threatening he and his family members would be their targets soon.

“You will very shortly regret filming this video. You and your family will be burned alive just the way the Dawabshe family were burned to death,” the caller said.

Last year, an arson attack by Jewish terrorists killed three members of the Dawabshe family in the town of Duma.

Abu Shamsiyah’s Hebron home has already been pelted with rocks and sticks by Jewish colonists chanting “death to Emad”.

B’Tselem, an Israeli human rights group confirmed the attack and said Israeli occupation troops had done nothing to restrain the colonists.

Abu Shamsiyah has reported the death threats to the Palestinian security apparatus and the Palestinian-Israeli Security Coordination Liason Office.

The Israeli Attorney General Itamar Ben-Gvir has ordered Hebron Police to launch an investigation into the filming of the video.

Meanwhile, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu softened his stance on Sunday against the accused Israeli soldier.

Netanyahu, at the beginning of the weekly cabinet meeting on Sunday, contended that the Israel Defence Forces (IDF) “maintain high ethical values” and rejected those who challenge “the IDF’s morality”.

“Any challenge to the morality of the IDF is outrageous and unacceptable,” Netanyahu said.