1. Matsutake Mushrooms: The most expensive mushroom in the world
These mushrooms cost $1000 per kilogram. They are expensive due to how rare they are. They are usually found under fallen leaves in Japanese forests.
2. The Zillion dollar frittata: The most expensive breakfast in the world
The Zillion dollar frittata comes from New York and is the most expensive breakfast ever. It costs Dh3,600 ($1,000). You can get it at Le Parker Meridien Hotel In New York. It is made up of six eggs, sevruga caviar and lobster.
3. Westin Hotel Bagel: Most expensive Bagel in the world
The chef at the New York Westin Hotel created one of the most expensive dishes in the world. It costs Dh3,600 ($1,000). This bagel is made with regular bagel dough but it slathered with white truffle cream, and goji berry infused Riesling jelly topped with gold leaves.
4. Bombay Brassiere’s Samundari Khazana: Most expensive curry
Bombay Brassiere’s Samundari Khazana Curry costs Dh11,520 ($3,200). This seafood dish is packed with Devon crab, white truffle, Beluga caviar with gold, Scottish lobsters, four abalones and four quail eggs.
5. Pizza Royale 007: The most expensive pizza in the world
This 12 inch pizza costs Dh15,120 ($4,200). Ingredients include lobsters, Caviar soaked in bubbly, tomato sauce, Scottish smoked salmon, venison medallions and vinegar topped with 24 karat gold.
6. Densuke Black Watermelon: The most expensive watermelon in the world
I once accidentally bought a watermelon for Dh50 and was quite upset about spending this much on a fruit. This particular watermelon costs Dh21,960 ($6,100). It is black and is one of rare and expensive foods of the world. The Densuke Black watermelon is grown in a Japanese Island called Hokkaido. IT is hard and crisp and noticeable because of its black colour.